What to do when someone is using your SS Card illegally

When you lose…, you lose along with it personal information. You should consider replacing it as it is relatively simple and free. The worst case scenario is when your card falls into the wrong hands such as burglars and criminals. This should worry you because criminals are fond of stealing your identity and use it for illegal activity such as theft and violence with your name or may even rob you with your Social card.

The first thing to do is when you lose is to protect your identity. It is essential to find out if your Social card has been stolen or it is just lost, once you find out head over to application-filing-service.com/socialsecuritycard/form-ss-5/. To find out if your card is stolen, you have to keep watch on your credit report. If your card is in the wrong hands, they would eventually use your social number to apply for new credit cards with your identity. This adds up to your individual debt creating conflict with your creditors for the unpaid bills and will surely tumble down your credit score.

The easiest way to know if your card is being exploited in the wrong hands is by ordering copies of your credit report. It is free to inquire about your credit report and it is to your entitlement to inquire for the report from the main three credit bureaus; TransUnion, Experian, and Equifax. Study the report putting a notice on the credits under your name that you did not personally apply for.

If you suspect that is illegally being used, you should report to the Federal trade commission to report through their website identitytheft.gov. There is an also a centre called the Internet Crime Complaint Centre where you can file your online complaint.

Subsequently, it is essential to report the theft to either TransUnion, Experian or Equifax. The credit bureau will place your credit on fraud report and will assist by notifying other bureaus for them to also put the card on a fraud report. You should also contact the Internet Revenue Services to prevent the fraudsters from filling a tax return with your identity so as to collect refunds that are owed to you.

If you are sure and have found proof that someone is using your you can request from Security Administration for a new Social Security number. The evidence should be factual such as a letter from the Internet Revenue Services with information that your tax filings have been declined because of interference by someone who filled them using your identity or credit reports of listings that you never applied for personally. This evidence about the fraud is extremely important as without it the Social Security The administration won’t give you a new number.

There is also a hotline to report fraud on theft, 1-800-269-0271. There is no need to carry your with you to prevent loss. It is not essential to carry your card in your wallet but you can store it your safe deposit box at a secure location.

Comments are closed.